Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland in London


I used to think that you had to go to Germany for a Christmas themed getaway. Not anymore. Here in London, they put the amusements of Oktoberfest (bar the beer steins) plus Christmas markets in Hyde Park.

Slow moving crowds and the cold suddenly becomes appealing. My girlfriend K and I went to Winter Wonderland this opening weekend. It was pretty with the millions of glowing lights. Market stalls sold candy, gingerbread, handmade wooden toys, leathergoods and clocks.

We drank the obligatory mulled wine and checked out the rides. Aromas of wurst sizzling and roasted chestnuts filled the air. How wonderfully wintery!

We're coming back in a few weeks with a bunch of others. For the rest of the evening we ended up doing another wintery activity, relaxing at home.

When I entered the house, K's dog PEED ON ME. He was jumping around my leg and as warned, he got a little too excited. Luckily it was a wee bit (heh heh) on my quick-dry sock. But gosh I have the worst luck with pets. (Once a friend's ferret farted on me.)

K cooked dinner and we watched Just Go With It. Jack Russell jumped on the bed and when I thought he was nuzzlng under my arm, he actually was licking his behind! Bless him. He is a dog after all.

I got home after midnight. Was nice after a day of gym, grocery shopping, flat cleaning and being out and about.

The next morning I made banana pancakes and played the Crazy For You soundtrack. It was a lazy Sunday morning with my brewed coffee and heater (temporarily borrowed from my landlord).

Why do weekends go by so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)