Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My First Halloween

Halloween is celebrated in UK almost as fanatically as in the US. So I was excited when I went to my first party dressed as Black Swan.

For my costume I bought most of the materials from Ebay and constructed it myself. Bits of feather boa was sewn onto a corset and for the tutu, I knotted strips of tulle along a belt.

A girlfriend and I made a pact that we'd take the tube together in costume. Hers rocked, a zombie bride. It was amusing on the train as no one wanted to sit near us. We got lots of strange looks and smiles.

At the party our host served brains and imitation fingers. There were many scary looking guests. We had fun scrambling to get into character everytime a guest arrived.

On the way home, many Halloweeen partyers emerged onto the tube. People recognised my costume and started chatting to me. What a bizarre experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)