Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My London Life – My Saturday

It was supposed to be a weekend to bum around. I’ve been daydreaming all week of napping on the couch. And now it’s Saturday, there’s not a minute to spare.

Morning-Craving cheese souffle so I made one for breakfast which serves two. Ate the whole thing, oops. Viewed a flat where the owner must have lived there all of his life. It was like walking into a time warp. The place was built in the 1930s and nothing appears to have changed since.

Midday-Hit the gym for Body Combat. My favorite class. I was on fire!!! Went grocery shopping. Of my haul, I bought a huge hunk of sirloin and a bag of fresh mussels. And Cillit Bang for the prolific limescale in our shower.

Afternoon-Flatmate cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. I could’nt resist attacking the limescale anyway with the new spray. Installed “DIY double glazing” on my windows which is merely plastic film stuck on double sided sticky tape and blowdried to get rid of creases. Better insulation than nothing, I suppose.

Late afternoon-Craving Maccas so walked to Hampstead to pig out. Love cheeseburgers and fries. Ate a macaroon chocolat from Paul on the way home. It’s completely dark by 5pm.

Evening-Faffed around on internet. Flat smelt like fried lemongrass and ginger pork so I complimented Vietnamese flatmate on cooking skills. Was offered some of the dish with rice. Yummy! Also had a Aberdeen steak burger (no bun) with salad. Watched Sex And The City movie on TV. Turned down offer to go clubbing. It’s Saturday night but I have no energy left to play.

Bedtime-Snug on couch with laptop and doona. Plan for Sunday’s activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)