Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My London Life – Sunday

It’s Sunday night. I’m cold and tired.

Morning-walked to Chatsworth Road Market from Homerton. Found Banhmi11 stall and waited for my banh mi to be grilled. It took ages because they had a late start but I did’nt mind chatting to one of the managers. Snacked on fried plantain from neighbouring Nigerian stall. Devoured banh mi on way back to train station.

Afternoon-Op shopping in West Hampstead. A favorite me-time activity. Bought two books, a dress and a kick ass jacket. Chilled out at home with a cup of coffee.

Evening-Bought last minute ingredients for dinner from convenience store downstairs. Owner was kind enough to put on tab because nearby ATM was’nt working. Went for a walk to Hampstead to pull out cash anyway. Bought a freshly baked (still warm) baguette from Le Pain Quotidien. Cooked moules marinière and did’nt simmer white wine long enough. Felt slightly tipsy after dinner.

Bedtime-Mysterious hissing sound turns out to be water leaking from my heater. Carpet is wet. Hope landlord fixes asap. Had to turn off the heater tap so my room is cold. Blogging on couch. Wearing doona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)