Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Zumba Classes in Sydney

After 20 classes at Zumba4u and 7 at Dooley's Lidcombe Fitness Club, I'm hanging up my Zumba shoes for the rest of the year. 

I wasn't planning to teach in Sydney but thanks to the support of Maria Christine, she encouraged me to get on stage. That the minute I mentioned I was a qualified Zumba instructor. I told her how much I loved the track Maga Zin and halfway through her class, she told me to teach it. Instead I taught a track I just learnt, Slide. She put the song on and off I went, my first attempt at teaching to a live class in Sydney. It felt amazing!

Thanks to fellow Zumba instructor Suzie Piiper for this photo. 

Also thanks to Diana Ortiz for welcoming me to her classes at Zumba4u. I danced with her throughout one of her classes and I taught two tracks, Pégate and Slide. It was super hot that evening and with no air-con or fan, I could have spontaneously combusted! My ears were burning and that's not happened to me before. I felt like I was on fire and not in the good way :P 

The best part is when I was teaching and my toddler niece is at the back following the moves. She looked so happy. I could see her behind all the ladies. My heart nearly exploded when I got home and she was so excited about seeing me dance. My brother in law showed me a video he took of how much she loves "jumba" (as she calls it.)
Getting Christmas on with Lauro Brazil in Lidcombe. This guy has so much energy pepping up the class and flashing the biggest smiles. 

Christmas themed night at Croydon Public School with Diana and Alexis Lara. It's been like family for the past few months and I will miss their classes. So many friendly faces and uplifting Latin songs. Could not have asked for a better Zumba experience in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)