Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Beyond The Halfway Point - Finally At The Beach

My time in Sydney is running out fast and I still haven't done alot of things. This week I made it to the beach. It was a bit sketchy because my car has been acting up and I don't have air con. 

It was the first day of summer and it was 33 degrees. I went to Bronte and felt so rejuvenated there. I was back into my element. The blue water, crashing waves and fresh air was exactly what I needed after driving in a hot car. I went for a swim in the sea bath and then paddled in the surf to get properly get immersed into the sea.

The flagged area somehow seems to be the choppiest part of the beach and Bronte is prone to dumping waves. I try not to get far out as I was alone (and nervous as I nearly drowned when I was a kid). As I walked in, I got caught in the "dumping zone" and almost lost my swimsuit!

It felt so good to be at the beach. For me it's a kind of paradise or spiritual mecca. The sun and surf was blissful. 

On my way home I stopped at Marrickville for a banh mi. These sandwich rolls really need to be more common in London. At the moment you pay above the odds for one and they are nothing like the ones you get in Sydney. 

Nothing better than coming home after cooking in a hot car, to this. An authentic and generous banh mi and bowl of fresh cut watermelon. Bless Sydney for it's incredible fresh food!

My baby niece has grown exponentially. In a space of three days she no longer looks like a newborn. I feel like I'm missing out on seeing her if I'm away for more than a day. Amazing how quickly babies grow. 

I took Lillee to the playground nearby and she made me an "icecream cone" out of leaves. I managed to tie her hair up  when she normally doesn't allow it. I told her that if the birds saw her knotty hair, they will mistake it for their nest. As she hates having her hair brushed, she agreed to tie it back.

I've been using up my passes at the dance studio before the Christmas break. Ballet has been good but it's not something I'd take up. Frankly I'm awful at it. I bought 10 visits at a local gym and for the next few weeks I'll have a dance class on everyday. This is my idea of a perfect routine.

Today I went to Zumba and afterwards I got out my Megaboom speaker and practiced teaching Zumba. It was fab having the studio to myself and I got into the zone. I think I'm ready to teach people now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)