Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

There's Such Weather As Too Hot

Although some Brits might disagree, anything above 28 degrees is too hot in my experience.

I like going outside without having to slather on sunscreen first. And idle sweating is gross. When I see a cloudy morning, I think "there's so many possibilities today."

This week it went over 40 degrees and it was too hot to function. I had a blinding headache for three days and paracetomol couldn't numb the pain. This is the second time I've gotten sick since I got back to Sydney. I hardly ever get sick in London. The bugs here have hit me hard.

While I was staying with my sister I took Lillee to preschool on foot as I didn't have her car seat. Instead of using her pram, I made a deal that I'd give her a piggyback some of the way but she had to walk "really fast" the rest of the way.

But walking took too long. She would stop and point at something like numbers on a letter box, leaves on the footpath or a bird. When I gave her a piggyback, her hands slipped off my shoulders and her arms were too short to monkeygrip without choking me.

I ended up carrying her most of the way. She panicked when I left her. I walked out with her clinging onto my leg like a limpet. The teacher picked her up as she sensed waterworks were coming. I broke away and wiped her tears off my face when I got outside. It's amazing how much you can mean to a child, at least when they're afraid.

I persuaded my sister to buy a stroller that day. I carried that bad boy on my shoulder to pick Lillee up. It looked hot and it was literally, although I did style it out as if I was carrying skis over one arm.

I had a good weekend because it was cloudy. On Saturday I went to Zumba in Abottsford and had a Vietnamese salad roll for lunch. Then I went home. I was figuratively punching traffic in the face by riding my bike to Ikea. I needed a usb led lamp and the weather was perfect for cycling. Cloudy, cool and no rain.

On Sunday I got up early to go to Zumba in Lidcombe. I had not been to this gym before. My Zumba instructor teaches there and I really like his class. It was an easy bike ride too.

The class was crowded and I was in the middle row. It's been a month since I did Zumba in front of a mirror and I wanted to check my timing and form. I was pleased that I got to do it and I smashed the class.

As I left the studio, a person tapped on my shoulder and said lovely things about my dancing. She asked how long I had been doing it. She said she was trying to follow me throughout the class.

Then on my way home I decided to buy a UE Megaboom portable speaker. I rode out to Officeworks and bought it with a ipad keyboard. Spent the rest of the day playing with my new toys but I decided to return the keyboard. It was expensive and I'm happier with the one I have already.

I rode back to Officeworks after dinner and relieved my conscience and bank account. It was nice to go out when it was quiet on the roads. Love that shops are open late, even on Sundays here.

November ends tomorrow...time is flying.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)