Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

What Mid Thirties Means To Me

I've officially hit my mid 30s and this year there were no parties, no group gatherings, not even a cake. 

I feel like I've grown up but not to my age. The number is makes to feel like I should be married with kids. For me, mid thirties are about focusing on priorities and cutting out the meaningless things in life.

As time rolls on, the tolls of partying gets harder, the circle of friends becomes tighter and the only thing I want to do after work is to go home. My spare time is precious and I've become strict on how I spend it.

I can let go of events that draw attention to myself. I didn't hold birthday drinks this year as they are so ubiquitous in London. This year I'm having quality time with my dearest friends.

My friends Kim and Thomas surprised me with a fabulous night of jazz at Ronnie Scotts. It was my first time there. The place is an institution. We saw James Hunt, a wicked entertainer and his quartet. After the show we went upstairs to dance. I had a ball, kicking off the weekend with jazz.

The view from my office before my birthday weekend. The London fog was hanging so low, it looked like we were above the clouds.

The happy daffodils in our garden.

Sunshine for both days of the weekend, hurrah!

Grant and I had lunch at my favourite Japanese restaurant, Cafe Japan.

We went for a walk in Hampstead and saw THIS.

And this sad faced pup outside of the butcher.

St Stephens Trust and Hampstead Green as the sun was setting.

On Sunday I have veggie lunch with a girlfriend at Manna and enjoyed some afternoon sunshine at Primrose Hill.

Wild mushroom ragu and chestnut polenta. Wild mushrooms poured over chestnut stuffed polenta, served with seared kale, beetroot & horseradish slaw and parsnip crisps. 

I had Monday dinner at the Freemasons Arms with another girlfriend. It was the sweetest way to end my birthday celebrations. I felt very blessed to share it with my closest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)