Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

A New Routine Of Life's Little Joys

I'm settling into a new routine as the outdoors beckons. The sun has come back for spring. The flowers are out. I'm appreciating the little joys of life more.

Yesterday I took a break from my desk to sit by the window and let the sun warm my face. Just for a minute to recharge. For the first time in a long time my retinas were dazzled with natural light.

Today I went to my Saturday morning Zumba class. On the way I sat in front of the top deck of the bus and watched the street roll by. The sun was promising more light and warmth to come.

My Zumba instructor spontaneously made me demonstrate part of a track in front of the class. I can't tell you how validating it was. I've never had dance training except doing Zumba five days of the week. A lady at the gym struck a conversation with me and noted how I must love Zumba.

After the hour of exercise, I laid in the steam room until I couldn't stand the heat. Then I took a freezing cold shower. The rush and relaxation it triggers is intoxicating. My body is buzzing, I breathe better and I'm so relaxed, I can barely keep my eyes open.

I met friends in the park near Bermondsey Street. I had lemongrass tofu noodles and a Vietnamese coffee for lunch. My friend brought her frenchie who made friends with every dog in the park. The sun was hitting my face and unlike in Australia, it was a welcomed sensation.

Charity shop find: the original price sticker says EUR 70 but it's mine for £5.

Before the sun went down, Grant and I went for a walk to Hampstead. I checked out the children's books in French at Oxfam. (To help me learn the language that is.)

I made lemongrass prawn curry with rice for dinner, cleared the table in our living room and turned it into a workspace. Now I can concentrate on my laptop instead of zoning out to on the recliner or bed. The de-cluttering shall continue...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)