Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Weekend In Florence

It's the final instalment to crashing my friend's euro honeymoon. I've been to Florence before but a night there was too short. I have a fondness for this city because it's small enough to get your bearings quickly and the countryside is close. So why not return for a weekend of food debauchery and beautiful sights?

I had some time to kill before my friends showed up so I walked to the famous Pointe Vecchio. Similar to the bridge of Venice, Ponte di Rialto there only shops on the bridge sold jewellery. Further down were gelatisseries where I tried this melon gelato and got hooked since. 

It was a rainy weekend and whenever there was sunlight, we were rejoicing!

The best dish I had in florence was spaghetti and seafood. We ate twice at a restaurant not far from where we were staying, Ostaria dei Centopoveri. The food was amazing!

Blood oranges were in season so I buy them when I can. I think the red is a delightful surprise but my friends thinks it makes them look mottled and "off". They're always sweet and juicy. In the late evenings, we've had wonderful conversation around slices of orange.

Our lovely flat had a little balcony which we managed to catch some sunlight before the end of the trip. 

Our last dinner together at Ostaria dei Centopoveri. When it comes to eating, if we're on a good thing, we stick to it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)