Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Le Tania Days 6 and 7 - Farewell Winter Wonderland

Day 6 was our last day skiing so I made the most of every minute. The sky was clear and blue. It was perfect.

It was also the day of my last lesson. I refused to skip despite it being my only chance to go with others to Val Thorens. 

Our last lesson was mainly cruising down red runs and Keff took us out to Le Praz, a smaller village with an extremely icy run. I slipped alot and the other guys in the class were so kind to help me up. Amy and I left the class early to get a head start to Meribel for the rest of the day's skiing. 

Bye bye Keff, I will never forget your twinkling blue eyes and smile. The stuff you taught us however...

Amy and I bumped into Will on the way to Meribel.

A jaw dropping view of Meribel.

We had lunch and skiied to Saint Martin where there was a run I wanted to do. It was called Jerusalem but it was closed due to lack of snow. We did an alternate run which was higher up. The area of Saint Martin was open and treeless, it looked like it was covered in white fondant frosting. 

On our way back to La Tania, we passed an awesome party at La Folie Douce in Meribel but it was past 4pm and we had to make a beeline for the last lift. Booooooo...

As it was our last night, our chalet hit the town and what a fizzer that was. No one were in the pubs since it was changeover night, the night before the next influx of weekly tourists. We all managed to have a shot of chartreuse and crashed our other friend's chalet on the way back to ours. 

The next morning would have been completely sombre had it not been for snowman making. We made a snowman outside our chalet before taking the bus back to Lyon airport. 


The Chalet Mongellaz crew.

The ride back was depressing as we watched the snow fade from our sights. I felt heartbroken as we departed from Le Tania and ended our week of snow paradise. 

So many thrills and fond memories in the French Alps. My best Christmas ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)