Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Pescetarian Journey So Far- I Made Nutroast

By the end of 2013, I had gone back to eating meat because it was too time consuming to make two versions of dinner. In the snows I ate whatever was served in the chalet and the meals were meat-heavy. 

There was a vegetarian among us and I wished I had her nut roast for Christmas dinner instead of turkey. For boxing day, it was the chalet hosts' night off so we ate out and I ordered a steak which was humongous. It was delicious but I only needed a tiny bit to satiate my steak craving. 

I haven't had meat since I came back from France. Because Grant's in New Zealand for a month, I got to cook just for myself. I've only had pescetarian meals. I'm going to continue with meatless dinners after Grant comes back. 

Tonight I made my first nutroast. It took forever chopping up the onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, mushroom and sweet potato. I flavoured it with Vegemite, sage and thyme. I served it with leek and mushroom gravy. Absolutely scrumptious. There is now a new Sunday roast tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)