Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Snaps From Luzern Weekend

It's my annual trip to Luzern. There was not much we could do since it was cloudy and it hadn't snowed enough for skiing. But I would not trade any day of doing nothing in Luzern for any other place. Thanks to the hospitality of my Swiss friends, Luzern is like my second home in Europe.

Behold, the wall of chocolate at the Migros in Zurich. It was like a vision from my dreams. Then I was told off for taking photos in the store. 

Fabs took me charity shopping and the Swiss donate great stuff. Found a box of raclette coupelles in the kitchenware section. It was a reminder of a joke we had in the chalet when we had raclette night and they looked like Darth Vader. "I am your father!!!"

A glut of skis at the front of the Salvation Army. I repeat, the Swiss donate quality stuff. I bought a backpack for CHF2, cheapest thing I bought in Switzerland that wasn't food.

Fabs and I met in Colmar for one day last summer and now I'm back in Luzern again!

The iconic Kapellbrucke bridge in the middle of town. Every now and then I could catch glimpses of the mountains through the fog. A totally amazing backdrop. The Luzernians are blessed for living in such a picturesque city.

The eats and drinks of the weekend. Fresh salad, home brewed beer, our fondue pot and huge eggs and ready made rosti from the farmers market. 

A lazy Sunday morning on the couch. Fabs made fresh squeezed vegetable juice. The flat was spacious, quiet and had an amazing view of Lake Luzern. It was a heavenly retreat from London.

We went for a walk along the lake and snacked on roasted chestnuts. Lake Luzern is so clean you can see the bottom. I'm coming back in summer to swim in it!

A special mention for the amazing water that flows from the taps. Its from the Swiss alps, aka the fountain of youth. I would pay good money to drink and take showers with it in London. I drank alot of tap water in Luzern. It's clean and fresh-its actually delicious. And does wonders for the body inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)