Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My First Pantomime

Ironic that on Australia Day, I spent the evening watching a British theatre production rather than partaking in a piss up.

PWC runs an annual performance and this year it's Aladdin. I've never been to a panto before and it was hilarious fun. The audience is supposed to boo and hiss at the villians, cheer on the good guys and shout: "look behind you!" when the hero's about to be sprung upon.

The songs were popular new tunes and even the the kids in the audience (and only the kids) sang along to Justin Beiber's Baby.

After the show, I went to the Walkabout in Temple to check out the festivities. There was a massive queue to get in. Since I could'nt be arsed listening to inane Aussie twanged chatter and breathing second hand smoke, I just went home instead.

So that was Australia Day. Another year, another non-event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)