Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas 2011

It was a memorable month of December. I saw snow in London (albeit for 10 mins) and took weekend getaways to Paris and Switzerland.

The Friday night before Christmas, I flew to Sydney to surprise Mum as planned months ago.

My sister picked me up from the airport Christmas morning and I was embraced by warmth and sunshine. Thank goodness to be home. You could'nt imagine the joy of seeing familiar places again and RBT police wearing Santa hats.

Mum and my brother showed up for lunch at my sister's and I opened the door. Mum was stunned, then cross: "You told me you weren't coming!"

Mum's never affectionate as she's a toughened traditional Chinese lady. Her response was exactly what I was expecting but I could tell she was happy. The family together again was all she could have wanted for Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)