Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

2015 LTA Wimbledon Ball

My first black tie event in years was at the Wimbledon Ball. It was held at the Hurlingham Club, a magnificent venue by the river Thames. I rented a dress and got my hair done BIG and TALL. For me, this was a once in a lifetime event!

The weather was balmy. We admired the club grounds as we were driven in. I couldn't believe this spacious sanctuary was in the center of London. On arrival we were personally greeted by the LTA president, Cathie Sabin. 

We had our photos taken and we had sparkling wine on reception. Everyone was impeccably dressed and preened for the occasion. I noticed that no one was taking selfies. Perhaps it's seen as rude, un-British and narcissistic but I think after all the preparation and expense, it would a shame not to take photos for memories sake.

So my friend and I took a walk around the lawns and snapped a few pictures before dinner. 

Our shameless selfie. Just can't help ourselves!

The dining was excellent. Starter: prawn and crayfish tian with cucumber, lemon jelly and basil. 
Main: Tamarind glazed supreme of Barbary duck, confit leg rosti with Sichuan pineapple, honeyed Chantenay carrots, creamed leeks and caramelised sweetened chicory. 
Dessert: flourless chocolate cake with passionfruit, tangerine sorbet and caramelised oranges. 
 
The belles of the ball! 

At the end of the party and time to go home. Thanks to my friend for taking my picture. It was a wonderful summer night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)