Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

Ssamjang Sauce - Korean Crack Sauce

You know those annoying friends who posts their dinner on Facebook? That was me tonight. 

It's because I made the most awesome sauce. The stuff that makes me want to fly to Korea just so I can eat their delicious lettuce wraps with Ssamjang sauce.

Salty, garlicky, sweet and spicy. The sauce is made of RAW minced onion, garlic, spring onions, soybean and chilli paste. (Needless to say I had very "fragrant" breath after my meal.) It's magic on rice wrapped in fresh lettuce. I grilled salmon for protein but the sauce is packed with so much flavour the wraps didn't need it.

A good recipe for Ssamjang is here. I love Maangchi's website and her cooking videos. Makes me want to skip the Korean restaurants and make the food myself at home.


Dinner for two, but for me really ;) Ssamjang with rice, raw carrot, baby corn and lettuce. I love the fresh crunch of the veggies and I just reheated cooked rice from the freezer. The sauce easily makes a vegetarian meal out of simple ingredients. My tummy was very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)