Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Bank Holiday In The Life Of Me

I got up at 9am and made grilled cheese pumpernickel toast with cornichons for breakfast and watched Frasier and an early Simpsons episode. (The earliest ones are the funniest.) 

The sun was shining. It was just right for the early May bank holiday. I went out to Soho for brunch. 

I met my friends at Cafe Boheme, a French bistrot on Old Compton Street.

Sante! Old school champagne coupe glasses.

After brunch I picked up supplies for kimchi in Chinatown. I adjusted a recipe from the internet to use only one head of nappa cabbage. Grant doesn't like kimchi and we have limited refrigerator space.

It took 2.5 hours of salting, rinsing, mixing and smearing of garlic and red pepper paste. It as my first attempt at making it and I wanted to reap the probiotic benefits of kimchi. 

When I used to live with a Korean family, the mother spent hours making vast amounts of kimchi. Enough to fill two huge boxes at a time. Now I understand why because there's alot of work making it.  Can't wait to test mine out in a few days time after it ferments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)