Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Prescatarian Journey So Far

I had my work Christmas party last night and as part of tradition, had a sausage sandwich for breakfast. That was until I took a bite and realised the sausage was cold. Gross!

I was then actually thankful to back out of eating meat. So I opted for eggs instead.

So it's been six months since I decided to abstain from eating land animals. I still eat it but very sparingly or when I'm on holidays. It's still not easy as I crave it from time to time and my partner is a believer of eating meat.

But on the plus side, I'm spending less on groceries and eating healthier. I feel great when I've had a vegetarian meal. My meat cravings are satiated by smaller and smaller portions of meat so hopefully one day, I will be a full time prescatarian!

Let me just say there are two meat replacement foods I love.

1) Natto. I can eat it happily everyday, much to the distaste of my partner. It's the only veggie food that replaces the unami I crave from meat.

2) Soya mince. Soak with boiling water, a bit of marmite or bisto and you have instant cooked "mince meat". Perfect for pasta sauces. I served it to my partner and he was none the wiser!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)