Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Parramatta To Park River Trail

I think an overcast day is ideal for a long bike ride. When it's not too sunny, at least in Australia. There's no need to fry in the sun! 

I rode to Sydney Olympic Park. The sky cleared up although it was a bit breezy. It was so tranquil out here. I felt like there was no place I'd rather be. 

Then I discovered that you can ride to Parramatta and it was only 7.5 kms away. So I did it. The only unpleasant part was going over the Silverwater Road bridge but everything else was smooth sailing. The cycle path was quiet and I got to Parramatta Park in no time. 

I've not been to Parramatta Park before. It was peaceful and green. Actually there were quite a few jacaranda trees so you could say it was purple too. I locked up my bike and went shopping at Westfield. It seemed like a stress-free and environmentally friendly way to get there from my house. Plus there are no worries about parking or traffic.

On my way back, the sky had turned grey so I hurried home. It was me and my little bike vs the rain!

The grass had just been cut and this galah was plodding along eating whatever seeds it finds along the way.

I made it home before the rain came down. I miss the sound of rain as windows are double glazed in London. It's a nice sound to relax or fall asleep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)