Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Lillee And The Big Yellow Snake

I asked my niece if she she wanted to see a show with real snakes, frogs and spiders. She said no so I replied: "I guess I'll see the show with Paula then." 

Paula is Lillee's best friend at pre-school so Lillee protested for fear of missing out. She then agreed to see the show. Of course it was really me who wanted to go. I put her childseat into my jellybean car and off we went. It was our first aunty-niece day out.

I wasn't completely lying because Paula was at the preschool. It's just wasn't a day when Lillee normally attends. One of their school mates had his birthday and his parents arranged a wildlife show at the preschool so the other kids can enjoy and learn as well. 

We got to see lizards, crocodile, turtles, frogs and spiders (in clear boxes!).
The star of the show was a big yellow snake. As I was the other adult present, aside from the birthday boy's parents, I was asked if I wanted a photo with it. I'm like: "YEAH I DO!" and I plucked Lillee out from the sea of kids. What it looked like was me grabbing her arm and dragging her towards the snake. 

As the pictures reveal, she resisted. When the snake was draped around us, she realised she was trapped. Thankfully there were no tears. She happily pet a lizard before so I don't think I truamatised her too much.

As photos were taken, I asked one of the parents if Lillee was smiling. I got a shocked expression and a flat out: "no." Hardly surprising given how brazen this aunty was to have a photo taken with a snake, oh and her niece.

The show ended and everyone had to wash their hands after touching the animals. It seems the snake was forgotten as Lillee played with her school mates and didn't want to leave. 

We had to buy a few things from the shops before heading home. When Lillee got tired of walking, she asked if I could carry her. I said I would only if we were crossing the street or walking in the sun. So she deliberately stood in the sun, waved her arms and said: "Now can you pick me up Aunty Emma?"

I did but only because she was so damn cute. As we were waiting for the traffic light, she brushes hair away from my face with her little hands.

How lucky are mums with adorable kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)