Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

My First Week Home

I don't know why I wanted to defer coming home so quickly after I finished my job. Life in Sydney is terrific and I'm loving the warmer weather.

Time seems to pass slower here. Maybe that's due to jetlag and I start the day at 6am or earlier. I was'nt functional after dinnertime and I slept hard. I could sleep through anything. Towards the end of the week, I've adjusted and because it's been raining, I stay in bed longer.

My trusty 21 year old car managed to start after a slow turn of the engine. I had to wash it because I couldn't see through the windows. It's been garaged for two years. The front two tyres were almost flat and I drove it ever so slowly to a nearby mechanic. It passed it's blue slip, received a much needed service and now it's registered for the road. Mum keeps telling me to sell it but I love my first and only car to bits. 

I've been making daily visits to my sisters. Sometimes I stay over although I sleep much better at home. Can't beat the comfyness of the bed I slept in since i was a kid and I really do need peace and quiet after playing with the little ones. 

We went to to the fish markets and spent a fortune on king prawns and sashimi. So much seafood. It doesn't get fresher than this!

My little bike is still serviceable and when I rode to Olympic Park, I was delighted to see the mulberry tree at the Armory full of ripe berries. 

Keen to keep up with Zumba, I'm now doing it on Mondays, Thursdays and Wednesday nights. Sadly its not enough for me and it's too expensive to join a gym. There is a dance academy near my sister's so I've taken up jazz classes on Tuesday and Wednesdays. I might also pick up ballet as well.

We had a family dinner and my sister had a hankering for ricotta cheesecake from Papa Patissceria. I picked up a huge one, meant for 15 people even though there were only 7 adults and I couldn't resist a few more treats for the road, of course. 
 

My overall feelings for this week is of relief. That people are nicer here and openly compassionate. I'm excited about my new Zumba and jazz classes. The things I truly love haven't changed since I left and I can finally let myself relax and sleep for as long as I want. Plus I get to eat amazing fresh food again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)