Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

La Tania Days 3 and 4 - My First White Christmas

At least three people complained about sore tummies the next morning. My insomia as it seems was due to a stomach bug.

I carried on feeling a bit light headed for my class. Keff, my ski instructor checked to make sure I was feeling ok and Fabienne mocked running away from me when I told her that I was sick. 

I keep seeing these trees with red things. They are so pretty in the snow.

After our class Amy and I took a few newbies to Courchevel for a few green runs. It was expected to snow in the evening and the skies were grey so I took an early mark from skiing. 

In the evening there were fireworks in Le Tania and I watched from our balcony. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner prepared by our hosts. They served duck confit and it was divine!

I did'nt sleep well again. Our chalet was invaded by a drunk guy (who we know) from another chalet and I woke to him sitting on my bed trying to get me up. I told him to p*** off and he went to bother the other rooms. 

It did'nt snow overnight so there was no new cover for Christmas morning. I scratched my skis on the red run into Le Tania. Amy didn't make it to class because that same drunk guy was snoring loudly in their room and she needed to catch up on sleep. This meant that I was the only girl in the class and every now and then Keff would make sure I was ok as I was the runt of the pack. He even said: (insert French accent) "ah Emma are you ok...you're so little." 

The conditions had deteriorated and there was low visability at the top of Courchevel. It was raining in Le Tania, making the snow sluggish for turns. 

The past days skiing has taken a toll on my knees and I had to make it a half day. I stumbled home and filled the tub straight away. 

I took nap as Christmas songs were being played in the kitchen by the chalet hosts and went for a walk to Le Tania shops. When I could'nt find food I liked, I returned home where Vari (one of our chalet hosts) made me a Camembert baguette. 

Christmas dinner was lovely. We had a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings and a flaming Christmas pudding for dessert. 

After our sumptuous dinner, we went to one of the other chalets (of 20 people) for a mass Kris Kringle in our Christmas jumpers and onesies.

Kris Kringle gifts entailed of mini speakers, earphones, nerf guns, a very large bottle of personal lubricant, books (one which I stole) and scarves to name a few. There were forty odd of us and most received gifts they actually wanted. It was a good night until there was a nerf gun skirmish which resulted in a blood nose by an innocent bystander. Lucky there was a doctor among us.

We returned back to our chalet promptly after, feeling relieved to be staying in the lovely (and slightly more civilised) Chalet Mongellaz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)