Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mayfair Lavender Farm Festival

I've whimsically dreamed of frolicking through fields of lavender. Having missed that chance, only getting as far as Avignon last year (near Aix En Provence), I went to a lavendar farm closer to home.

It was an opening festival to the season and the flowers are blooming after a late start. Mayfair Lavender farm is a bit of a trek if you don't have your own transport. We took a train to East Croydon and then a 40 min bus ride. 

It was my first real summery day of the year. The sky was clear and the temperature soared to 27 degrees. I wore a dress without bringing a cardigan with me. I even dusted off my sandals from the shoe rack (not joking here). The anticipation of hot weather had paid off! 

Going to a lavender farm was a perfect excuse to get out of the London grind. Our bus drove through tiny towns. We realised we had arrived when all we could see was purple. 

The air was scented from the moment we arrived.

Summer in the UK. It happened! 

The effects of lavender had us jumping for joy. (Photo care of my galpals, the Phua sisters!)

Lavender lemonade to cool down from photo taking in the field. I also ate lavender icecream and scones but the flavour was too subtle. 

Lots of lavender products and freshly picked bunches on sale.

Not Aix En Provence but just as pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)