Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

A Walk In The Twilight

When I was a kid, Mum would make us go for walks and I would always complain as we'd rather watch TV. (Mind you, I grew up in the roughest part of town.)

It was a balmy evening and since I finished dinner, the logical thing to do next, it seemed , was to enjoy the remains of daylight outside. 

My walk started with me running my hand along the lavender flowers outside my building.  They are growing like crazy into a hedgerow of purple. Every plume stretches towards the footpath imparting a lingering lavender scent as you pass. 

It was the time of day when the neighbourhood really comes alive. Kitchens and living rooms are lit with an inviting glow. I can't help but look inside to see people watching TV. Or be envious of the designer homes with no sign of residents except that lights were on and the windows are open.

In Belsize Village, the street benches were occupied with romantics and gal pals. The restaurants had moved their tables onto the footpaths for alfresco dining. 

I strolled past opulent and peaceful streets and imagined that if I was taking this walk with Mum now, I'd hold her hand in this reverie.

The full moon was luminous with a peach hue. I popped into to the grocery store and there was a forlorn dog sitting in the middle of the entrance waiting for his owner.

My favourite icy poles were on sale so I indulged. I have to admit, that topped off my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)