Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Saturday In Sydney

One of the greatest pleasures of Sydney living is taking an early morning bike ride through Olympic Park. I get instant calm riding through cultivated bushland on one side and expensive apartments on the other. But honestly its an escape from the inner city grind and I get to see alot of wildlife too. 

One day when we had 43 degree heat, I nearly ran over a snake sunbathing by the bike path. It lurched out of the way but I got so close to it, I screamed like a little girl. Much to the bewilderment of the cyclist going past at the time. At that point I realised I should stop being a bogan and wear real shoes and not flip flops.

I usually go at 7am before it gets too hot, but today was overcast. I admit I have a boys mountain bike (so it can fit in my car) but it still rides better than The Beast in London.

The Parramatta River was especially high this morning. It's so peaceful here.

Family lunch at my sisters house. My aunt brought over the food. We had delicious Aussie watermelon for dessert.

Afterwards I hung out with a friend in Darling Harbour. We saw a rubber duckie.

My latest obsession is soft serve frozen yogurt, which has a new mass following here. I've spent stupid amounts on the stuff to keep cool in the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)