Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sew Over It

Since childhood I've dreamed of making my own clothes. But a lack of technique and training has shied me away from the prospect of wearing something I made myself.

Until now. I signed up for an Introduction To Dressmaking course and now I'm halfway making a circle skirt. With a zipper and waistband. Yup, I finally know how to fit a zipper!

The course is in North Clapham at a quaint sewing cafe (yes, where you can sew and have tea) called Sew Over It. It's run by the tutor Lisa. She's knowledgeable and lovely.


My first half day was wonderful. In fact I don't think I've ever been so dedicated and focused on what some would consider work. But it's not work, to me it's a passion. When I finished the zipper, I felt a huge sense of pride. I can't wait to see how my skirt turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)