Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

Having a birthday on a Friday rocks. Everyone at work is relaxed and in the mood for treats. (A UK office tradition-if it's your birthday, you bring in the goodies.)

A dear friend took me to Roka, a Japanese fusion restuarant in Canary Wharf. The food is exquisite and I loved unwrapping pressies afterwards.

Came home with two bunches of gorgeous flowers. 

Finished my circle skirt on Saturday. I stayed back almost an hour from class but I wanted a double fold hem, not a single. Yes it really matters!

Had St Paddy day drinks at The Betsy Smith in Kilburn Park. It's the funkiest pub I've ever seen and the decor was quirky to say the least.




We had Guiness Car Bombs. Proudly poured by our friendly bartender!

A shot of Jamieson and Bailey's. Plop into a pint of Guiness and down the hatch before it curdles.

Joint birthday party at Gem Bar in Soho. It was a fabulous night out!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Emma. Looks like you're having an awesome time over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chi! Hope everything's going well and that you and Christina are enjoying being new parents :)

    ReplyDelete

Care to pass a balloon? :)