Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Return To London

I'd been dreading it but my Sydney hiatus came to an end. I got on the plane and stopped over in Singapore. This time is was only for 6 hours. I wasn't feeling well when I landed. The heat and queueing at passport control was debilitating. After making it to the comfort of my friend's house and meeting their new family member, I recovered in time for the next leg of my flight...

...to cold and grey London. This is the worst time to come back but thankfully I don't have a job to rush back to. For a week I was feeling blue and lonely. Grant was still in New Zealand. My depression was due to lack of sunshine and I missed my life in Sydney. 

I went to my Saturday gym classes and realised I needed my Zumba family. I missed them so much. The workout hit me hard and I was out of form. We had a catch up lunch after and for the first time I felt glad to be back in London.

When Grant returned, I finally felt 100% at home. While London's not the best place to live, we have each other and our home. I felt out of place without him.

Thanks to jet lag I've been waking up at 5am. One time, I woke up to snow. By sunrise most of it had melted. Hope the snow keeps coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)