Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's Thanksgiving 2014-Turkey In A Primark Bag

If there ever was the right way to celebrate Thanksgiving in London, I think it happened this year. Thanks to my American friends, the celebration was done the way they do at home in the US. 

To help bring the tradition home, my friends projected live football on a screen that nearly fit entire wall of their living room. 

My girlfriend cooked up a sumptuous feast for 6 with plenty of leftovers. She had been cooking since the afternoon and by 8.30pm, the turkey was ready. 

The turkey was coated in butter and seasonings, put into a Primark shopping bag and roasted for 5 hours. There was heavenly garlic mashed potato, (or should I say a stick of butter mashed with potato!), cajun corn and oven roasted beans.

And last but not least-the stuffing! In Australia, roast chickens from the supermarket are stuffed and so delicious I could eat just the stuffing alone. Roasting a stuffed turkey takes forever so to save time you can use boxed stuffing. It looks like seasoned croutons but mixed with hot water and melted butter, it is unbelievably tasty. 
I was so full, my stomach ached until the next morning. I was still too full to have breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)