Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Farewell To The Beast


It looks like the end of the day but Grant and I were on our way out to lunch when I took this picture. It captures the last sunshine of the day. Soon it will be like night even though it's late afternoon.

I love how the sunlight is hazy, golden and casts shadows through the trees. 

Remember I got a bike two years ago? I had high hopes but it never made it outside Hampstead. It's heavy, clunky and too big. Hence the nickname, The Beast. Grant refuses to let me store it in our tiny flat. 

It's neglected in the bike shelter. Two summers have passed and I've not taken it out. The last time I saw it, it was rusty and covered in leaves.

I realised its no use to me anymore. There are plenty of people wanting bikes on Freecycle so I decided to put my bike up for adoption. Many people answered, even with "address please" only in the message but when I warned them that they might not ride away with it because of the tires, their interest died. Except for one lady who I'm so glad to have given the bike to her. 

She was friendly and appreciative. It seemed like a match made in heaven because she had also done bike repair course. I even gave her the lock and chain. 

It was a good to start my Sunday. The sun was out and I finally gave away my bike to a person who needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)