Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Roasted Aubergine

Or known as eggplant for Aussies. I love the stuff, whether it's in moussaka, stuffed with fishcake or roasted on it's own.

Making roasted aubergine is ridiculously simple. I don't bother with salting if it's medium sized or smaller. Just slice 2 cm thick and slather it with olive oil. Place single layered on a baking tray covered with foil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Roast in the oven for 20 mins at gas mark 7 (200 degrees in a fan forced oven).

After I take it out,  I let it sweat by wrapping it with foil for 5-10 mins and voila! Tasty eggplant which melts on your tongue. I'm not sure if I'm the only person who enjoys the skin as well.

For an even tastier treat, I add shredded cheese on top and skip the sweating part. Yummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)