Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Apple and Blackberry Foraging

I had the best Sunday. Summer is officially over but we got another taste of it in London.

The sky was clear the whole day and I went north to hang out with Kim. 

I always get an sense of relief when I'm in Winchmore Hill. The city stresses go away and it's a peaceful world. 

I even got a kick out of taking my first London bus that was hail and ride. It reminds me of catching buses in the country. It felt homely being dropped off right outside Kim's door.

We took her dog for a walk to Woodcroft Wildspace, hidden at the center of a residential block. It's like a secret wood where no one is around and there were blackberries, sloes, and red current hedgerows. There is also an orchard. I couldn't help taking three apples home with me. Sorry if I'm not supposed to, but there were so delicious looking.

I also picked blackberries. I would have picked more but the dog rolled in fox poo and we had to get him home to wash off the stink! 

After a relaxing lunch we sat back and enjoyed some champagne and sunshine. I was in a happy place.

I made a blackberry syrup that night. It was very easy. Pass the berries through a sieve, add water and  sugar and simmer for 20 mins. The blackberry syrup is devine on vanilla icecream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)