Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

5 Reasons Why I'm Doing Zumba And Bowka Instructor Training

Something's possessed me to sweat up a storm for 6 hours on a Sunday.

I'm referring to Zumba and Bokwa, my two sweet obsessions. A few weeks ago my group of instructors held a dance fitness event and although I was hesitant to go, I decided at the last minute to just do it. And I don't regret a thing. It was one of the best Sundays I've ever had.

I was wrecked after clocking up 15, yup fifteen dance fitness classes that week. I was back at Zumba the next Monday ready for more. And I was inspired to do what I've been dreaming about for a long while.

That day I signed up to Zumba instructor training. My friends were supportive when I told them the news. Later I found out my Bokwa instructor was doing instructor training so I signed up for that too.

I'm not having a career change but I would be thrilled to be qualified to teach. Here are the reasons why.

1) Levelling up and challenging myself.
I'm an impulsive person and hobbies come and go. I haven't heart-racing hobby in years. When I was younger I wanted to be a part time makeup artist. I did the training, marketed myself, spent a lot of money, did a few paid and unpaid jobs and gave up. Now I barely know what's going on in the makeup world but that's OK. I gave a good go of it and can say I did it. 

It's been two years since I started doing Zumba and Bokwa. I have raging ambitions to get to the next level and I feel like I'm ready.

2) To create what I wish existed.
I wish more people would get into Zumba and Bokwa. Maybe there is a class out there where I fit their training style. 

I believe that the goal is not nailing every move, but to enjoy every moment of them. And I want to create a class I can spread that message to, be that commercially or just with friends.

3) Making the most of the momentum.
I consider myself lucky to have instructors that inspire me and my work allows me to go to all classes at the gym. But I can't do this forever.

I've done a lot of Zumba and Bokwa but where am I going with all of this? With qualifications, I'll have to have something tangible to show for what I've learnt. 

4) To put it on my CV and talk to people about it.
How many people in banking and finance are Zumba and Bokwa instructors? I'm guessing not alot. Most people have not heard of Bokwa-perhaps they will ask me or google it when they see it on my CV.

5) If I was an instructor, doing Zumba and Bokwa would be my job.
You can be paid to do Zumba and Bokwa-as a job! How terrific is that.  Life is sweet if you are paid for doing what you love.

Want It, Wish It, Do It!

At the fitness event with our lovely instructor. Loved every second and sweated buckets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)