Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Zumba OCD

I'm OCD about things. Like going to seven Zumba/Bokwa classes a week. Or  staying up past 2.30 am to type this post about a normal Saturday. But it was a good one and if I don't blog now, it will be a lost memory. 

 At this hour I might not be able to garner your full interest about my day. If you choose to read on, you may need to indulge me.

It's 10.50am and I arrive into my Zumba class 5 minutes late with my jacket, handbag and backpack. They should be put into a locker first but I don't want to lose more class time.

I love Zumba but my achilles tendons are screaming at me to stop. The tendonitis is painful and annoying. I chalk it down to the latter and keep going because I'm basically obsessed. It's the perfect dancing activity because I don't have the discipline to learn choreography but I can mimic well. 

In the next class Bokwa, we had to do the move "C" and my instructor shouts: "follow these two!" She was pointing a me and another girl. I was chuffed. Individual praise in a gym class is rare so I took that as validation that I was doing something right.

After class I stretched my tendons and laid in the steam room. I overdid it and come out with red blotches. Not nice as I had to meet a friend for lunch.

We had bratwurst from the Christmas markets and coffee and cheesecake at Pain De Quotidien. I left the Wharf at 4.30pm and decided to visit my girlfriend Kim. I hadn't seen her in ages.


Came home at 11pm and listened to Zumba songs. My tendons are aching. Realised I can dance with my arms while lying down. A new Zumba OCD symptom.

Now it's 3.45 am. Tomorrow's another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)