Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Now A London Flat Owner!


My cousin the property guru, once said that you'll know within the first 10 seconds of being inside whether the property is for you or not. 

I set a goal of buying my first flat and on the first day of searching after giving up for 2 years, I found "the one".  Instantly upon entering I thought I could be at home. I was drawn by the natural light and charm of the the flat. It felt just right.

There was a sealed bidding process and I wasn't successful. But the winning bid fell through and my offer was accepted two weeks later. I thought I had lost the flat for good.

There is so much chance in the game of property. It took three months to complete and either parties could walk away before contracts were exchanged. The property market was fast rising and there were threats to completion. Thank goodness my solicitor is amazing. He and his assistant stuck by me the whole way. Praises to them! 

It was completion day yesterday and I revieved the call from the agent to let me know the keys can be picked up. The first half of my investment project was done. This morning I picked up the keys, checked the utility meter readings and found a heartfelt message from the vendor. There was also a bottle of wine from her waiting to be chilled in the (turned off) fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)