Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

When The Leaves Turn Red, Summer Is Over

I walk past this tree everyday and when the leaves are red, it's a sign that a dreadful time of the year is coming. There's no more denying it, summer is truly over. 

Say goodbye to waking sunlight, outdoor life after work, that titillating feeling of warm air on skin. It's time for constrictive coats, clunky boots, frozen cheeks and vitamin D tablets. 

Woe will I be, no more prancing along sand and sea!


Now the trees are naked, the pavements are leafy and the chestnuts are (presumably) stolen by the squirrels. And no matter how early I try to finish work, it's dark by the time I'm home.

But I had a nice surprise this morning. We have mounds of wild mushrooms. They must have sprung up overnight! So beautiful.


Did elves plant spores in our garden while we were sleeping?

A little comfort food as the weather hits chill point. I had a craving for oysters and went to the Waitrose steak and oyster bar for a lunchtime fix. Now I want moarrrrrrr!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)