Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend August

Its the last bank holiday weekend of the year and we didn't go away. My sister, brother in law, niece and cousin are to coming to stay next week and I'm going on a travelling spree with them.

Saturday was a wash out as it rained all day. It didn't feel like summer which sucks because I'm already noticing the days getting shorter. The only things Grant and I did was have yum cha for lunch and bummed at home. We were so lazy, we even ordered pizza home delivery for dinner. 

Sunday was an improvement. The sun came out and I felt charged again. I did some beloved charity shopping and amongst my finds, was this little cross body bag for £5. I've always wanted this style.

Made some real food for lunch. Vegetarian buckwheat soba noodle stir fry with cabbage, bean sprouts and natto. I only allow myself half a packet on occasions as it's mainly used to boost flavour. Some people won't get this concept because the stuff stinks, but I love natto!

Grant and I did some impromptu foraging in Hampstead Heath. Having endured an awful horsefly bite earlier in the week, I sent Grant into the bushes since he was wearing long trousers and proper shoes. We hit a motherlode of juicy ripe blackberries! 

This was all we fit in Grant's coffee cup. When we got home, I made another batch of jam and it turned out perfectly jellified and delicious. 

On Sunday we fired up the barbecue and had some friends over. We stayed out till the sun came down. It was a happy ending to the long weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)