Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Real Summer In The South Of France

I type this with tears of exhaustion rolling down my face. I'm knackered but must stay up to tell you about my day.

It was like a beautiful dream. I flew to Perpignan to visit my friend (who moved there for the summer). As we descended, I saw the beautiful sunkissed landscape. There were snow capped mountains, amazingly in the middle of summer. The land was of fields, vineyards and white homes with terracotta roofs. Best of all, the sky was clear blue and it was hot.

My friend greeted us at Perpignan airport with her mum and dog Milly. We were brought back to her house in Villelongues. It was a peaceful village.

We had lunch and spent the afternoon lazing by the pool. We sunbathed and played water polo. We had 2 EUR bottles of wine which is suprisingly good. It seemed almost unreal that from the cold grey skies of London, I'm now in this splendid place!

By the time we finished with the pool it was 6pm. We went for a walk to explore the village. It was simply beautiful with old buildings, narrow windy roads leading to the mountains. Lots of greenery and tranquility. There are ideallic houses with gardens and  swimming pools.

We returned home and had an aperitif by the pool and ate dinner alfresco. Afterwards we played scrabble. We had much enjoyment, sunshine and laughs today.

And now I'm exhausted and need to sleep. Big day tomorrow too. Just had to stay awake to tell you about my magnificent day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)