Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Birthday Feast - Four Seasons And The Gate

At my age (which shall remain a mystery!) birthdays harder to organise and nowadays I prefer a quieter celebration. Last week I had a joint birthday bash with friends and on my real birthday, I shared the day with two special people.

So it's Friday, the day before my birthday. Grant and I finish work and have dinner at our favourite place, Four Seasons in Chinatown. Home of the best BBQ duck in the world. So to mark the occasion, he orders a WHOLE duck for the table and there's only two of us! Of course we're taking leftovers home. And by golly who would'nt want to have this yummy food later?

Tender soft double braised pork belly with preserved vegetables.

The famous BBQ duck. We have it boneless for ease of stuffing our faces.

And today I had a late lunch with my girlfriend Kim at The Gate in Islington. It's delicious vegetarian food. I loved it! 

A blurry picture of us. (To hide my wrinkles, haha!)

Wild mushroom potato cake. This was delicate and flavoursome which is a feat for a dish made from potato.

Aubergine & cauliflower pakora with pear & coriander chutney.

Shakshuka. Poached eggs cooked in tomato, pepper & smoked paprika sauce with pita bread. I thought this was too saucy and needs extra starch to go with it.


Lasagna. Saffron pasta, layered with roasted portobello mushrooms, grilled courgette and blushed tomato, served with rocket salad and pasilla and watercress sauce. This was amazing and the sauce was TDF!

Caramelised pineapple, coconut & limeleaf cheesecake. Lime flavour could be sharper. At this point I was stuffed!

We went to a pub for more drinks and then it was dinnertime. Grant took me to Gaucho's in Hampstead where I had a filet mignon.(The smallest size to be conservative.) My birthday has been a indulgent fling from delicious meats to vegetarian fare.

Birthday cards from dear friends and roses from Grant. What a wonderful day!





2 comments:

  1. The roast duck looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Four Seasons duck in London lives up to it's reputation!

      Delete

Care to pass a balloon? :)