Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Being In A Film, Chinese New Year and February Snow

I was excited for an ex-colleague who gave up banking to be a film director. He invited me to what I mistakenly thought was his film screening. All I recalled was "there will be plenty of food and wine" although I thought it was weird how it was 4 hours long. Grant and I turned up at a church in Warwick Avenue and realised there was a filmset, we were extras and they were filming! 

We had to be part of a church congregation. Genuflect the bishop and on a later take, pretend to be drunk and high. It was fun to be amateur actors however there were unpredictable downtimes.

As promised there were plenty of edible perks. My friend outlayed an excellent spread of nibblies and sponsor Black Vanilla Cupcakes brought in these delightful mini red velvet cupcakes. They were utterly cute and delicious!

It's Chinese New Year and my friends and I had a feast to celebrate. On Saturday night I spent an hour chatting to family back in Oz. And I got to see Lillee on Skype! She's grown, more than adorable as ever.

On Sunday night, it was so cold it snowed. Lucky how I ran out of eggs and had to go out to buy some. Otherwise I would have never realised. 

It's slushy on the ground, but at this rate there will be full cover in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)