Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Three New Lifestyle Changes

1) I'm cutting out booze. Too much leads to trouble (ie, read Gotenburg trip) and it's unnecesary calories.

2) I'm becoming pesco-ovo vegetarian (only eat fish and free range eggs) for health and ethical reasons. I'm working towards only eating a small portion of meat when I need a hit of iron. So far it's challenging but I feel better not eating meat, both mentally and physically.

Although finding tasty protein is difficult and yesterday I was craving it. I resorted to cold plain tofu as a snack. It's NOT tasty on it's own.

Tonight I had dinner in a Chinese Thai vegetarian restaurant. I tried mock meat for the first time. Some was spongy and bland but I liked the fake duck which is served as peking duck pancakes. It was delicious.

3) I joined a gym and go three to four times a week. Did my first spin class today and it was tough. Leg muscles are the largest muscle group so doing spin is a supercharged way to burn calories. There's nothing like a workout where sweat is dripping down your face and certain moves are like simulated lovemaking!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your transition to a vego! LMK if you want to talk about it. It's been about 5 years for me since I made the change and I haven't looked back.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! Perhaps you can send me one of your favourite recipes that's not starchy? I found a vege lentil moussaka one that I want to try!

      Delete

Care to pass a balloon? :)