Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chilling Out In London

I'm still waiting for my visa extension to come through and it's been three months. Meanwhile I'm spending my weekends stuck in relaxing in London. My passport is AWOL and I have flights to Gdansk this weekend. Surely I'm not asking too much to have my docs back within the next four days???

At The Diner and discovered this tasty wheat beer from The States. 

Hampstead Heath in spring. 

Took The Beast out for a paddle...I mean pedal.

The Spainards Inn is immortalised by Dickens and it's one of the oldest pubs in London. It's one of the rare places where I could hit my head on the ceiling. Its like an ancient ship inside. Their beer garden is lovely in summer and they have a grooming center for all the hip designer doggies.

Found a working class pie and mash place in Camden Road. It was English retro and regretfully the worst pie and mash I've tasted, if tasting anything was possible. See the translucent green speckled sauce? It's called liquor and they drown the pie with this bland stuff. 

Pie and mash shops also sell stewed eels (and jellied if you like them cold). I like seafood but this was foul. On the tables were bottles of brown vinegar which you're supposed to add a few dashes. It did'nt help.

Now to get rid of that unpleasant memory, I give you a heavenly brownie from The Clifton in St Johns Wood. They do the best burgers too. I pig out and cluelessly sit in on quiz night Wednesdays. 

It wouldn't be a traditional English pub without dead animals mounted on the walls.

London dusk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)