Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Zumba Instructor Training

I've thought about, said I'd do it and now I've done it. I'm a qualified Zumba instructor! 

The basics 1 course is available to anyone, even if you've never done a Zumba class before. Training was held in Kingston and run by Caroline Parsons, who taught at the Zumba masterclass Believe 2015.

Training started at 9am and finished at 5.30pm. I arrived in a sports hall with forty-odd females and two male trainees. 

It was a long day and we were taught the basics-no previous experience necessary. There was a emphasis on joining ZIN, the Zumba Instructor Network.

We started with a masterclass. Thank goodness for an extra change of sportswear, towel, wet wipes and deodorant! 

We were taught about the business requirements of teaching and learnt to warm up and two basic steps, the merengue and salsa before a half hour lunch break.

I chatted to a girl who had flown from Lithuania the day before to visit London and do the training. There was a diverse group of people but most looked like they were in their early 20s. (Or maybe that's just me feeling old.)

After lunch we ran through cueing, my biggest challenge. We did an exercise in pairs where we had to cue each other verbally and visually. 

We learnt the third step, the Cumbia and how to map a song. We split in four groups, did some choreography and performed in front of each other. 

Finally we learnt the fourth step, Raggaeton and how to cool down. When the training was over, I was knackered!

Caroline is passionate about Zumba and loves training people. When I asked for a selfie for this blog, she immediately picked up this DVD. Mustn't be the first time she's been asked for a photo on training day!

I signed up to ZIN. Here's what you get when you sign up on training day. A dog tag necklace, trainer starter DVDs and memory card with Zumba themed wallpapers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)